By signing up, you confirm that you are at least 13 years of age. You must under no circum-stances log in to Recommend Me if you are a competitor aiming to conduct research on Rec-ommend Me, or if you have been previously banned from Recommend Me. You are responsible for your own account, and the actions that take place in connection with your account. We re-serve the right close any accounts for any reason and at any time.
By creating an account you agree that it is for personal use only. You must only represent your-self on this site, and may not impersonate or pretend to be someone else.
You understand that the content you publish can be withdrawn at any time. Moreover, the user is to assume all risks associated with the content published by them. Publishing content in a spon-sored or endorsed manner is prohibited; your content should accurately and reliably represent yourself and your moral codes.
By misrepresenting yourself or impersonating others, you may be exposing yourself to the liabil-ity of being banned, to libel or slander suits, or to being reported to the authorities. This applies if your content contains threats, hateful speech, pornography, or false intentionally misleading or defamatory information, which violates and advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
Our Right to Use Your Content We may use your content in a number of different ways, including but not limited to publicly dis-playing it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms.
As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, as-signable, transferable rights to use your content for any purpose. Please note that you also irrev-ocably grant the users of the site and any other media the right to access your content in con-nection with their use of the site and any other media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Recommend Me and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your content. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform and dis-play, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, or prepare deriv-ative works of your content.
All content on the site is owned by Recommend Me, including but not limited to, visual interfac-es, interactive features, graphics, design, and compilation, including, but not limited to, our com-pilation of user content and other site content, computer code, products, software, aggregate us-er review ratings, and all other elements and components of the site, excluding your content, us-er content and third party content. Recommend Me also owns the copyrights, trademarks, ser-vice marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world ("IP Rights") associated with Recommend Me content and the site, which are protected by copyright, trade address, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of Recommend Me’s content in whole or in part, except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the site, as well as Recommend Me content, are retained by us.
Recommend Me and its licensees may publicly display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with your content. You are not entitled to any compensation for such ad-vertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are all subject to change without specific notice to you.
We make some of the site content available via real simple syndication and atom feeds. You may access and use the feeds in order to display feed content on your personal computer and website,provided that (i) your use of the feeds is for personal, non-commercial purposes only, (ii) your use or display of the feed content does not suggest that Recommend Me promotes or en-dorses any third party causes, ideas, websites, products or services, including your site, (iii) you do not redistribute the feed content, and (iv) your use of the feeds does not overburden Recom-mend Me's systems. Recommend Me reserves all rights in the feed content and may terminate the feeds at any time.
We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate user content from time to time at our sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, and without notice to you. For example, we may remove a recommendation or review if we believe it violates our Guidelines & Rules. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of your content, nor do we guarantee any con-fidentiality with respect to your content.
You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use the site to:
- Violate our Guidelines & Rules, for example, by writing a fake or defamatory review Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- Submit or transmit pornography; or violate any applicable law.
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the site or site content (other than your content), except as expressly authorized by Recommend Me;
Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the site or any site content;
- Reverse engineer any portion of the site;
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Site or on any materials printed or copied from the site;
- Record, process, or mine information about other users;
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of the site for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the site;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or dis-proportionately large load on Recommend Me's technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the site;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- Use the site or any site content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, "Viruses");
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site;
- Use the site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the site or site content; or
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of site content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the site.
The restrictions above only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law. Nevertheless, you agree not to act contrary to them (even if permissible under applicable law) without providing 30 days' prior written notice to us here, together with any information that we may reasonably require to give us an opportunity to provide alternative remedies or otherwise accommodate you at our sole discretion.
You represent that you have read and understood our Guidelines & Rules.
Copyright And Trademark Disputes
By sending us any ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals ("Feedback"), you agree that (i) your feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information on third parties, (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the feedback, (iii) we may have something similar to the feedback already under consideration or in development, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, distribute and sublicense the feedback, and you irrev-ocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Recommend Me and its users, any claims and assertions of any moral rights contained in such feedback.
The materials on the Recommend Me website are provided "as is". Recommend Me makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, includ-ing without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Furthermore, Recommend Me does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website, or otherwise relating to such materials, or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Recommend Me or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or those due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Recommend Me Internet site, even if Recommend Me or Recommend Me’s authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied war-ranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the Recommend Me website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Recommend Me does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Recommend Me may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time, without notice. Recommend Me does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Any claim relating to the Recommend Me website shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.